New Job Opportunity
About the role
Direct Support Professionals
Elmy's Special Services, Inc. II services children and adults with developmental and related disabilities in community-based settings. DSPs are life skills Instructors to assist and supervise individuals in daily and independent living activities. The qualified candidate will initiate and assist in various appropriate recreational activities and communication, promoting community integration, socialization, life skills, and other person-centered valued outcomes. Our Direct Support Professionals make a difference in the lives of the individuals we serve.
Part-time and Full-Time
High School diploma or equivalent
We are looking for DSP's to:
- Provide supervision and guidance during skills-building activities
- Develop and implement individual treatment plans
- Assist with daily living activities, including preparing meals and assisting with personal hygiene
- Develop a rapport with the people we serve, and cultivate a safe and supportive relationship
- Record data and update case notes using electronic record keeping (will train staff to use Precision Care)
- Part-time and Full-Time positions are available with varying hours.
- Our participants enjoy a variety of community activities.
- Previous experience with IDD, autism, and data collection preferred.
- HS diploma or equivalent
- A valid driver's license is in good standing and must be insurable through ESS automobile insurance.
- Strong communication skills
- NO certifications required
- The hourly salary range is $15-$16, depending on previous experience.
- Paid Sick Leave
- On-the-Job Training
- Extra Work Hours Available
- Growth Opportunities