New Job Opportunity
About the role
Direct Support Professional Residential
The Individualized Residential Alternative (IRA) Program operates 3 residential homes that caters to adults who are diagnosed with moderate to severe developmental disabilities. The hallmark of the IRA program is our People-Centered Approach, where the individual is the primary decision maker regarding their life and treatment. Our residents go on outings, play sports, conduct household chores, work and have fun!
- Ensure appropriate supervision, health and safety of people supported in the residence
- Ensure person supported plan of care is implemented.
- Ensure that person supported medication is administered as prescribed.
- Implement Plan of Protective oversight to people that can become physically aggressive.
- Assist in daily living skills (e.g. personal hygiene, food preparation, housekeeping, laundry, shopping)
- Maintain residence in compliance with the OPWDD and COA standards.
- Facilitate individual’s learning and skill training in fire safety.
- Complete daily progress notes and other individual logs.
- Maintain updated certifications in CPR/first aid, SCIP, and AMAP.
- Provide atmosphere conducive to positive behavior.
- Observe, report regressive and unusual behavior and work cooperatively with clinical staff.
- Planning and preparing balanced meals.
- Cleaning and maintaining of the residential unit.
- Assist people supported with the purchase of groceries, clothing, hygiene supplies and other items needed.
- Transport and escort people supported on recreational activities, medical appointment, home visits, etc.
- Remain on shift until your relief has arrived.
- Complete job related tasks as needed.
Shift Various Between
10 PM to 8 AM
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $16.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Working in the residential home, you are required to work 1 weekend day. Are you able to work 1 weekend day?
- Have you worked for the company before?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Residential IRA: 2 years (Preferred)
- Direct support Professional: 2 years (Preferred)
- OPWDD: 2 years (Preferred)
- AMAP (Preferred)
- Covid-19 Vaccination (Required)
Work Location: One location