Do you have a passion for serving others? Do you want to have a rewarding career?
Elmy’s Special Services, Inc. is looking for qualified individuals who are passionate and dedicated to providing care for others. Join our team now, and help us make a difference in the lives of many people.
Here are the currently available positions:
Home Health Aide
The responsibility of the Home Health Aide is to provide one-on-one supervision of patients in their home or other service environments. They will monitor and report the patient’s condition, provide support and personal services, and educate patients and caregivers.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Certificate of training for Certified Home Health Aide from an approved NY State DOH or NY State Education Training School
- Criminal History Record Check (CHRC) Clearance
- Successful completion of a competency evaluation
- Has the ability to follow a patient’s care plan
Direct Support Professional
Direct Support Professional performs a wide variety of routine tasks and activities in support of the full range of services provided to developmentally disabled individuals by the Agency. The tasks and activities depend upon the specific abilities of the individuals and the nature of the setting. These tasks involve encouraging, guiding, and training individuals in developing daily living skills and habits, taking care of their personal needs, assuring community integration, ensuring the health and safety of individuals, and maintaining the service environment.
Direct Support Professional, under the general supervision of clinical or higher-level staff:
- Provides direct care to developmentally disabled individuals in a residential or other program settings
- Assists and motivates individuals in their care to attend to their personal daily living needs and to develop the vocational, nutritional, social, and personal skills necessary to maintain or achieve the highest possible level of independent functioning in the least restrictive environment
ESS Job Application Guidelines:
If you would like to submit your resume and cover letter for consideration, please choose one of the following options:
- By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (most preferred option)
- By mail: Elmy’s Special Services The Department of Human Resources
163 Van Buren Street
Brooklyn NY, 11221
Due to the high volume of applicants, we will only contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the open positions. Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Elmy’s Special Services.